About Me

A Church-Planter asking questions about God, Culture and Church
view my profile...

Jake recommends
Books
Films
Travel


Links






























Contact Me
Jake

Site Feed

Monday, November 15, 2004

On the Virtues of Blogging

Why blog? One might reasonably respond, "Why not blog?" The answer for me has heretofore rested in my addictive personality, which I was afraid to let lose with such an undertaking. However, recent events in my life have prompted me to enter into intentional community with my brothers and sisters who are reflecting in the anonymity of cyberspace.

I tend to keep my thoughts to myself. Even in my seminary precepts I tend to only contribute to conversations when I feel as if I have something that needs to be said. Consequently, my academic and ministerial colleagues present their fragrant intellectual offerings (or not so fragrant/intellectual) to the God's of the academy, while I gather their insights like a squirrel gathers her acorns and retreat to the inner solace of my own mind.

Why blog? I have reached a point in my life in which I need to share my own ideas. When one engages in conversation with one's self, it is difficult to have true dialogue--short of a split-personality disorder. If you are reading these musings I encourage, nay implore, you to challenge my ideas. Many of my rantings/reflections/theologizing will be crap. However, perhaps with the collective scrutiny of my colleagues, I may transform my picayune musings into insightful ruminations on what it means to be a Christian in a post-colonial, post-Christendom, post-holocaust world. To that end, I thank you.

posted by Jake at 11/15/2004 09:54:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

bro, i'm glad you're blogging. and thanks again for the book! i really appreciate it...looking forward to reading your stuff...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Todd Hiestand said...

Jake, looking forward to reading your "crap" as well as your good stuff...also, looking forward to our "full court press"

8:48 PM  
Blogger millinerd said...

Jake, this site looks great. You were playing it off like you didn't know how this stuff worked. Wow.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

I still don't. My buddy Jason, remember, the guy who played poker with us?, did the site for me. He is incredibly talented with web design. I gave him the material and told him what I wanted and he created it. He is truly an artist.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Friends w/ Blogs









































































My Reading Queue





























Just Finished























The Looooong List
















































































































































































Previous Posts

Archives
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

 

Powered by Blogger